Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce is Accepting Requests for Letter of Acknowledgment for WEDC
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) will begin accepting applications online for the $75 million We’re All In Small Business Grant (WSBG) program beginning at 8 a.m. on June 15, WEDC.
The program, which will provide $2,500 grants to 30,000 small businesses, is designed to help small businesses get back on their feet amid the COVID-19 pandemic while also encouraging them to adopt best practices to keep employees, customers and communities safe.
A business may apply for the We’re All In Small Business Grant if it:
To prepare for the online application process, businesses should be ready to upload the following documents to the WEDC application:
- Was in business in February 2020. Businesses that started in 2020 are not eligible;
- Is Wisconsin-based and for-profit;
- Employs 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including the owner; and
- Has more than $0 but less than $1 million in annual revenues.
Chamber of Commerce are listed as one of the many agencies that can provide the letter of acknowledgment indicating the business was in operation in February 2020.
In an effort to help businesses apply for the grant, the Heart of Wisconsin is accepting requests for letters of acknowledgment in advance before the grant opens.
“We want businesses to be prepared and ready to apply on June 15th for the WEDC grant,” said Angel Whitehead, President for the Heart of Wisconsin, “This is a great opportunity for small businesses and we want to assist in anyway possible.”
Businesses looking to secure an acknowledgment letter should download the template from the WEDC website and email their request with the filled form to Krista Coon, Vice President for the Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/wai-small-business-grant/ for full details on the grant.
Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic investor organization comprised of non-profit, educational, government, and small and large businesses. The mission of the Heart of Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce is to strengthen the economy and enhance quality of place. By following our mission, our vision is to be the first choice for investors by providing resources, opportunities, and advocacy.
- 2018 or 2019 federal tax return for business. (If you started your business in 2020, you are not eligible for this grant.)
- Signed W-9 form available at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- An email or letter of acknowledgment from a community organization indicating your business was in operation in February 2020.
- Three-digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code that best fits their business. This information may be included in a business’s tax return, or through the NAICS website: www.naics.com/naics-code-description.