WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI – United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties has kicked off its 2019 campaign, which will run until October 31st. This year, our campaign chair is Nicole Pemble from Solarus.
“I have had the opportunity to serve on the United Way board for 9 years. Between that and my job as a Corporate Sales Representative at Solarus I have a unique perspective of our community. Through my experiences learning about United Way’s 30 partner programs I am acutely aware of the needs in our community.” said Nicole.
“As a community we invest in our children to help them become the leaders of the future and we also take care of our elderly as they have taken care of us. All the dollars raised by United Way stay local to help community member’s right here where we live. One in three people are impacted by United Way dollars.” continued Nicole. “Please continue with your giving spirit and if you haven’t been a giver in the past please consider it. United, we can make our community an even better place.”
Donate $1.00 per week / $52.00 per year for 50 chances to win one of five $1,000 cash prizes; increase your prior donation of $52.00 or more by $26.00 or more and double your chances to 100!
The deadline to make your undesignated donation to United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties is Friday, November 22, 2019. Visit www.uwswac.org for the official sweepstakes rules. Also, be sure to thank our 2019 Sweepstakes Sponsors: Aspirus, Heartland Farms, NextHome Partners and River Cities Bank.
2019 CAMPAIGN VIDEO
To view our 2019 Campaign Video, visit our website at www.uwswac.org.
MORE WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
There are many more ways to get involved this year:
· Participate in your workplace campaign or start your first campaign.
· Make an online donation using your credit card.
· Purchase raffle tickets for Packer Tickets by October 31.
· Make a donation in memory of – or in the name of – a loved one.
· Sign up for ACH (personal automatic withdrawal) payments.
· Use Amazon Smile and designate United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties as recipient.
· Get your sensitive documents shredded for free during “Community Shred Day” on September 11 at River Cities Bank from 10:30am – 12pm, or until maximum capacity has been reached. River Cities Bank and Bank-a-Count Corp. will donate $1.00 per pound up to $2,000.
· Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner during United Way Day at McDonald’s on September 10 from 7am – 7pm (at the Wisconsin Rapids McDonald’s restaurant)
· Attend Oktoberfest sponsored by NextHome Partners and B’s Tap House on September 26, tickets are $10 per person.
· Participate in Community Wide Denim Day on October 4.
· Volunteer during our annual raking event “Day of Caring” on October 26.
Nicole Pemble of Solarus is the United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties 2019 Campaign Chair.
About United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties
United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties is focused on the building blocks of a better life: Education, Financial Stability, Health and Safety Net Services. We mobilize our community in these areas by: supporting partner programs, community coalitions, and initiatives; providing 2-1-1 and Volunteer Center programs; and creating collaborative partnerships within our community.
You can help when you LIVE UNITED: Give, Advocate and Volunteer. To learn more please visit www.uwswac.org.