United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties Offers Online Tax Filing Tool For Free
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI – United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties encourages community members to use MyFreeTaxes which can be accessed at uwswac.org. United Way is providing online top tax filing software, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone. MyFreeTaxes® is a free and easy way to file federal and state tax returns for free. “Taxes can be a source of confusion and stress for Americans,” said Tari Jahns CEO. “Many of us are intimidated by the complexities of taxes and afraid to make a mistake that will cost money. With MyFreeTaxes, you can take advantage of all the tax credits and deductions you qualify for.”
Key features of the online tool include:
In 2020, community members using MyFreeTaxes had an average tax return of $975. MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by accessing MyFreeTaxes at uwswac.org.
About the South Wood County Financial Stability Coalition
The goal of the Financial Stability Coalition is community members learn skills to become financially independent. Financial Stability, a United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties Coalition, was created by local business leaders, financial institutions, community programs, and community members who are concerned about financial stability issues. The Coalition comes together the second Wednesday of every month working collectively on methods and strategies to address and overcome these issues. Join us!
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline. The Helpline can be reach at 866-698-9435 and is open from 10 am-10 pm EST daily to clarify things like filing status.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employee’s easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.