WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI – Help United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties fight the “summer slide” by attending the ninth Annual Great Book Giveaway from June 11-14, 2019!
Volunteers will be reading to children at each location for approximately half an hour; and afterwards each child can select FREE books to take home and keep. The books were donated in April.
All children and youth (from ages birth to 12 years), parents, grandparents, caregivers, and day care providers are invited to attend this free event. Families can come to the event together; and day care providers are welcome to come and bring along all the children in their care.
2019 Great Book Giveaway Schedule:
· June 11, 2019, Edwards Alexander Memorial Park, Port Edwards,10:30am
· June 11, 2018, Municipal Zoo Shelter, Wisconsin Rapids, 2:00pm
· June 12, 2018, THINK Academy Playground, Rudolph, 10:30am
· June 12, 2018, McMillan Memorial Library (outside), Wisconsin Rapids, 6:00pm
· June 13, 2019, Lester Public Library of Vesper, 2:30pm
· June 14, 2019, Adams County Library, Adams, 10:30am
· June 14, 2019, Charles and JoAnn Lester Library, Nekoosa 2:30pm
The purpose of the Great Book Giveaway is to give kids new books to read and enjoy during the summer months. Kids who read in the summer are less likely to fall behind when the new school year begins.
In the event of rain, the Great Book Giveaway will be moved indoors to a backup location. For more information, visit our website at www.uwswac.org or call the United Way office at 715-421-0390.
Children and parents listen and interact with volunteer readers at the Charles and JoAnn Lester Library in Nekoosa in 2018.
About United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties
United Way of South Wood & Adams Counties is focused on the building blocks of a better life: Education, Financial Stability, Health and Safety Net Services. We mobilize our community in these areas by: supporting partner programs, community coalitions, and initiatives; providing 2-1-1 and Volunteer Center programs; and creating collaborative partnerships within our community.
You can help when you LIVE UNITED: Give, Advocate and Volunteer. To learn more please visit www.uwswac.org.