The Server is responsible for greeting and serving food and/or beverages to patrons while creating a warm atmosphere for our guest and building a culture of teamwork.
· Provide immediate attention to all patrons/guests upon seating, greet warmly and distribute menus.
· Fill glasses with ice water while guests decide upon order; answer questions and make suggestions.
· Take guest food and/or drink orders.
· Turn orders into kitchen; inform cooks about any special cooking instructions.
· Assemble food on tray; procure items from each station as necessary.
· Serve meal; place dishes by courses in front of each person; serve from left of the person.
· Check back to ensure patron/guest satisfaction; replenish water and butter as necessary.
· Remove soiled dishes as guests finished.
· Suggest and serve dessert, coffee, and after dinner drinks.
· Verify accuracy of prices, state and federal taxes, tips and other charges on all checks and present bill to guests.
· Handle all cash and credit cards as applicable from guest/member charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
· Keep tables, dining room and bus station clean and tidy.
· Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
· Performs side work, clean-up and closing duties as assigned.
· Attend pre-meal meetings as requested.
· Follow Closeout and Daily Tip Procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High school preferred.
· Must be 18 at time of employment.
· 1-year server experience preferred.
· All Servers are required to take a Learn2Serve Training for Alcohol, Food Handling and Tobacco prior to or within 30 days of employment.
· Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
· Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Full-Time or Part-Time Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Sand Valley LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer