The purpose of the Front Desk Supervisor is to assist with the day-to-day operational supervision of all front desk staff. Handle pre-arrivals, in-room amenity requests, and special requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate effectively with guests, management, staff and co-workers.
• Provide guests with all pertinent information regarding resort policies.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
• Contact guests prior to arrival to make sure all details of reservation are correct and special requests are noted.
• Handle all in-room amenity requests and special requests from guests and management.
• Perform check-in and checkout procedures. Complete check-ins and check-outs in a proactive manner.
• Ensure that the front desk agents are properly completing check-ins/check-outs and be available as a resource for any questions or guest issues that may come up.
• Provide concierge-type service.
• Oversee shift closures and verify that all the essential duties of a shift closure have been successfully completed.
• Work with service providers, such massage therapist and shuttle transportation, to provide exceptional service for our guests.
• Take golf and hotel reservations over the phone and/or in person as required.
• Provide friendly, positive, up-beat and hospitable service at all times. Publicly support all resort policies while ensuring that all other front desk staff are doing so.
• Ability to reconcile shift banks/financial statements.
• Promote resort amenities (restaurant, bar, retail, massage) to guests in order to maximize resort revenue.
• Display courtesy and professionalism in all interactions
• Manage difficult or sensitive situations effectively.
• Demonstrate a calm and professional manner under the pressure of competing priorities.
• Assist guests and staff with disputed billing situations.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
• High School Diploma
• Supervisory and/or management experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Prefer a working knowledge of Visual One and Golf Pro
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handles multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner, and appearance in all situations.
Full-Time Season, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Sand Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer