Heart of Wisconsin Community Leadership Program
The Heart of Wisconsin Community Leadership Program is a dynamic, interactive leadership development program designed to provide a deeper understanding of our community, share practical tools for effective community leadership, and empower participants to be catalysts for positive change.
To empower participants to be catalysts for positive change by providing a deeper understanding of our community and by sharing practical tools for effective community leadership.
Key Skills and Knowledge Learned
- Organizational and community leadership skills
- Personal and interpersonal skills
- Local economic development and local/county economy
- The basics about local, county and state government
- A solid background on issues related to: Education, Health and Human Services, Governmental Systems, and Economic Development
- Hands-on Leadership Skills including: Conflict Resolution, Working with Groups, Influencing Change, and Networking
Who should participate?
- Anyone interested in community involvement.
- Anyone interested in enhancing skills of leadership.
What is the Time Commitment?
One 1-1/2 day retreat in October, seven full-day sessions (once a month) November through May, community project meetings, and program graduation spread over eight months. Participants are expected to attend all sessions. This program will also provide participants with opportunities to interact with various community leaders.
Corporations, individuals, organizations or other businesses may nominate applicants. Forms will be sent directly to the nominated applicants when requested.
$495 early bird registration rate per participant. Early bird registration through September (based on due date listed on application)
$595 registration rate per participant
Partial scholarships may be available for non-for-profit participants to cover part of program cost. Any individual involved in a non-profit, non-governmental organization may apply. Selection will be done by the Leadership Advisory Board. Applicants are expected to show a commitment to the program through regular attendance. Class members will automatically be dropped, with no refund, after two (2) absences.
Kerry Krambeer, Director of Leadership & Talent Development
Direct Line: 715.422.4856