• Municipalities

  •  

     

    Biron Located in southeastern Wood County along the banks of the Wisconsin River, Biron offers a blend of natural beauty, quiet residential neighborhoods, and abundant wildlife and recreation. Home to one of North America's finest coated paper manufacturing facilities, as well as hundreds of acres of thriving cranberry marshes, Biron's diverse landscape provides the perfect place to live, work, and play in the Heart of Wisconsin area.

     

    Grand Rapids Centrally located for those employed in nearby communities, Grand Rapids is the 13th largest Town in Wisconsin and the 3rd largest community in Wood County. Covering 20.39 square miles, Grand Rapids is home to 7,646 residents. Regulated growth has resulted in development of subdivisions with over half-acre, pine and oak-forested lots, providing a suburban lifestyle.

     

    Nekoosa Nekoosa, with a population of approximately 2,600, is situated on the beautiful Wisconsin River. Nekoosa is located on State Highways 73 and 173 as well as on County Trunk Highway AA. Nekoosa is the northern gateway to the large Petenwell Lake resort area.

     

    Pittsville The city of Pittsville is named after the “Pitts” family who were settlers that came from Pennsylvania. Since its early beginning around 1887 the Pittsville area grew out of the wilderness as it was settled by lumbermen and later farmers. In 1952, governor Kohler declared Pittsville to be “The Geographical Center of Wisconsin.” Pittsville is still largely a rural community located along the Yellow River.

     

    Port Edwards Here in Central Wisconsin, with the Wisconsin River flowing through it, lays the beautiful community of Port Edwards, with all of the quaint and quiet benefits of a small municipality. With a municipal airport, school district, numerous parks, churches, service organizations, recreational trails and countless lakes in and nearby Port Edwards, the Village of Port Edwards is a full service community and truly a wonderful and beautiful place.

     

    Rome Located on the northern border of Adams County, one and one half hours northwest of Madison and only 45-minutes north of the scenic Wisconsin Dells area, the Town of Rome offers solid business opportunities, recreation and scenic country life, all close to urban services. Our growing business and retail sectors partnered with a variety of recreational opportunities make the Town of Rome a convenient and attractive place to live, work and play.

     

    Rudolph Rudolph, the second town to be established in Wood County, is located about seven miles to the north of Wisconsin Rapids. Dairy State Cheese, located at the corner of Main Street and Highway 34 is known throughout the United States. Incorporated in 1960, the village of Rudolph now has a population of 432 and combining the population of both the village and towns of Rudolph, the total is approximately 1814.

     

    Saratoga  Organized as a township on January 9, 1857 and reduced to its present size in 1875, it was named after the Saratoga settlement, originally called “Ten Mile Creek Settlement” for the nearby stream. Saratoga is located at the southern end of Wood County.

     

    Vesper Vesper is a village in Wood County, in the Wisconsin Rapids-Marshfield metro area. The first settler in or around the Vesper area was a man named Sam Boynton. Old Vesper started to exist when a sawmill and store were erected on the west side of the Hemlock Creek, by the Girand and Drape Company in 1874.

     

    Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin Rapids, the county seat of Wood County, is situated in the Heart of Wisconsin. Our region is home to cranberries and coated paper. The beautiful Wisconsin River runs through our community. Wisconsin Rapids offers Midwestern charm and atmosphere while providing access to modern infrastructure and technology, abundant educational and cultural opportunities, a mix of retail establishments and restaurants, and a stable business environment.